HP Recruitment Drive For Fresher and Experienced B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc/BCA/MCA/M.Sc/M.Tech/ME Candidates as a Software QA Engineer in Bangalore on July 2014| HP Recruitment Drive.
Company Name: HP
Experience: 0 - 2 Years
Job Role: Software QA Engineer
- Set and maintain quality standards for company products through the use of systematic processes.
- Develops, modifies, and executes software test strategies, plans and suites.
- Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- May develop tools and environments to automate test execution.
- Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code for end-user applications, systems software, and firmware running on hardware, local, networked, and Internet-based platforms; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Codes and programs test scripts, automation, and integration activities based on specific test requirements.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on software applications design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software quality assurance engineers and internal and outsourced quality assurance partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 0-2 years experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of software quality assurance tools and processes.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic understanding of design for software and firmware running on multiple platform types
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Multi OS Knowledge - Win/Linux/Unix
- Understanding of Agile practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Automation using perl/java/shell
- Knowledge of Virtualization and System Management domain
- Understanding of software testing methodologies
At HP we believe technology can create new possibilities for people around the world??from high school students and soccer moms to budding entrepreneurs, government officials, and business executives. We??re the largest IT company on the planet, with 304,000 employees working in approximately 170 countries around the world. And we are able to leverage our size and scope to deliver real value in the products and services we offer. Our healthcare solutions are helping hospitals reduce errors and insurers bring down costs. Our TouchSmart products are helping individuals with autism communicate for the very first time. Our digital printing solutions are revolutionizing the publishing industry by allowing publishers to print individual books on demand. And that??s just the beginning. Where others see challenges, we see opportunities. So we never stop exploring. We never stop at impossible. And we can??t wait to show you what we think of next. HP in India: Established in 1988, India is one of the largest and most diverse sites for HP outside of the US. Based on revenue, HP in India is the country??s Number One domestic company and is also the Number One multinational company [Source: Data Quest 2009*]. Based on revenue, HP is the country??s number one domestic company as well as the top multinational company in the IT industry. It is one of the nation??s largest employers, with businesses spanning customer support to R&D and systems engineering. HP is ranked among the top 10 Best Companies to work for by Business Today, a leading Indian publication, and it is recognized as a Hewitt Best Employer (2009). We are also the leading brand across many product and services categories and have won critical acclaim at the NASSCOM Foundation Social Innovation Honors?? (2009). HP??s participation in national climate change consortiums provides a valuable opportunity to lead and drive the country??s transformation to a low-carbon economy.