Eastern Railway invited application for recruitment against Sports Quota to 65 Category-1, 2 and 3 posts.
The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 07 January 2015 (22 January 2015 for far flung areas).
About Eastern Railway:
The Eastern Railway (ER) is one of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways. Its headquarters is at Fairlie Place, Kolkata, and comprises four divisions: Howrah, Malda, Sealdah, and Asansol. Each division is headed by a divisional railway manager (DRM). The name of the division denotes the name of the city where the divisional headquarters is located.
It has three major workshops: Jamalpur, Liluah, and Kanchrapara. The Jamalpur Workshop is for wagon repair, periodic overhaul (POH) of diesel locomotives, manufacturing of cranes and tower-wagons; the Liluah workshop is for POH of coaching & freight vehicles and the Kanchrapara workshop is for POH of electric locomotives, EMU Locals and coaches.
Important Trains from Eastern Railway:
- Sealdah - New Jalpaiguri Darjeeling Mail (Superfast Express)
- Sealdah _ New Jalpaiguri Padatik Express
- New Jalpaiguri Howrah Shatabdi Express
- Howrah - New Delhi Rajdhani Express (via Gaya/Patna)
- Sealdah - New Delhi Rajdhani Express (via Gaya)
- Howrah - New Delhi Duronto Express
- Sealdah - New Delhi Duronto Express
- Kalka Mail
- Howrah - New Delhi Yuva Express
- Howrah - Dhanbad Double Decker Express
- Poorva Express (via Gaya/Patna)
- Mumbai Mail
- Saraighat Express
- Parasnath Express
- Farakka Express
- Bhagalpur - Lokmanya Tilak Superfast Express
- Jamalpur - Howrah Express
- Bhagirati Express
- Hazarduari Express
Last Date to apply:
Last date for receipt of application: 07 January 2015 (22 January 2015 for far flung areas)
Category 1: 06 Posts
- Archery (Men & Women): 03 Posts
- Athletics (Men): 01 Post
- Athletics (Women): 01 Post
- Weightlifting (Women): 01 Post
Category 2: 20 Posts
- Archery (Men): 01 Post
- Archery (Women): 01 Post
- Athletics (Women): 02 Post
- Badminton (Women): 01 Post
- Basketball (Men): 02 Posts
- Basketball (Women): 02 Posts
- Cycling (Men): 02 Posts
- Gymnastics (Men): 01 Post
- Hockey (Men): 02 Posts
- Kabaddi (Men): 01 Post
- Kabaddi (Women): 01 Post
- Shooting ( Men/ Women): 01 Post
- Waterpolo (Men): 01 Post
- Weightlifting(Men): 01 Post
- Weightlifting(Women): 01 Post
Category 3: 39 Posts
- Eastern Railway Headquarters: 10 Posts
- Asansol Division: 05 Posts
- Howrah Division: 05 Posts
- Malda Division: 05 Posts
- Sealdah Division: 05 Posts
- Jamalpur Workshop: 03 Posts
- Kanchrapara Workshop: 03 Posts
- Liluah Workshop: 03 Posts
- Category (1)- Minimum Degree from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- Category (2)- (i) Minimum pass in Matriculation or its equivalent OR (ii) Passed out Act Apprenticeship/ITI, no other qualification including Diploma in Engineering/BE will be accepted as an alternative qualification. Act Apprenticeship/ITI certificate must be approved by SCVT/NCVT.
- Category (3)- Minimum 10th pass or ITI or equivalent or National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
How To Apply:
Candidates eligible for the profile and interested in the post can send their applications duly filled to the Chief Personnel Officer, Eastern Railway Headquarters, 17, Netaji Subhas Road (Fairlie Place), Kolkata-700001. OR Divisional Railway Manager, Eastern Railway, ____________ Division. OR Chief Works Manager, Eastern Railway, ____________ Workshop whichever is applicable as per the post, latest before 07 January 2015 (22 January 2015 for far flung areas).
Detailed Advertisement Link