ONGC - Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Recruitment 2015 for 745 Graduate Trainee jobs across India through GATE.ONGC - Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited invites application for the Recruitment of Graduate Trainee 2015. Eligible candidates can apply online through ONGC website after January 2015.The eligibility criteria such as educational qualification, age limit, how to apply for the above mention posts are mention below.
About ONGC - Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited:
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is an Indian multinational oil and gas company headquartered in Dehradun, India. It is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) of the Government of India, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. It is India's largest oil and gas exploration and production company. It produces around 69% of India's crude oil (equivalent to around 30% of the country's total demand) and around 62% of its natural gas.
On 31 March 2013, its market capitalisation was INR 2.6 trillion (US$48.98 billion), making it India's second largest publicly traded company. In a government survey for FY 2011-12, it was ranked as the largest profit making PSU in India. ONGC has been ranked 357th in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world's biggest corporations for the year 2012. It is ranked 22nd among the Top 250 Global Energy Companies by Platts.
As on 31 March 2013, the company had 32,923 employees, out of which 2,091 were women (6.35%) and 143 were employees with disabilities (0.43%). The attrition rate in FY 2009-10 was 0.42%. In its CSR report for 2011-12, the company informed that 20% of its existing employees would super-annuate in next 5 years.
Awards and recognition :
- ONGC was ranked as the Most Attractive Employer in the Energy sector in India, in the Randstad Awards 2013.
- ONGC received the ‘Golden Peacock Award 2013’ for its HSE practices.
- In April 2013, it was ranked at 155th place in the Forbes Global 2000 for 2012.
- In 2011, ONGC was ranked 39th among the world's 105 largest listed companies in 'transparency in corporate reporting' by Transparency International making it the most transparent company in India.
- It was conferred with 'Maharatna' status by the Government of India in November 2010. The Maharatna status to select PSUs allows more freedom in decision making.
ONGC Graduate Trainee 2015 Positions:
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Cementing) : 31 Posts
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Civil) : 10 Posts
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Drilling) : 110 Posts
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Electrical) : 47 Posts
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Electronics) : 18 Posts
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Instrumentation) : 23 Posts
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Mechanical) : 72 Posts
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Production) : 217 Posts
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Reservoir) : 14 Posts
- Chemist : 74 Posts
- Geologist : 41 Posts
- Geophysicist (Surface) : 28 Posts
- Geophysicist (Wells) : 22 Posts
- Material Management Officer : 22 Posts
- Programming Officer : 04 Posts
- Transport Officer :12 Posts
Total number of vacancies : 745
Eligible Criteria for ONGC Graduate Trainee 2015 Posts:
Click here to get GATE sample model papers 2014 & 2015:
candidates age limit must be 28 years for Asst executive engineer (Drilling & Cementing) and remaining post age limit 30 years. Upper age relaxation will be applicable as per rules.
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Cementing) : Graduation in Mechanical / Petroleum/ Chemical Engineering.
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Civil) : Graduation in Civil Engineering.
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Drilling) : Graduation in Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering.
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Electrical) : Graduation in Electrical Engineer and must have Competency Electrical Supervisor certificate.
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Electronics) : Graduation in Electrical/Telecom & E&T Engineering pr PG in Physics.
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Instrumentation) : Graduation in Instrumentation Engineering.
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Mechanical) : Graduation in Mechanical Engineering.
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Production) : Graduation in Mechanical /Petroleum/Applied Petroleum Engineering.
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Reservoir) : Post Graduation in Geology/Chemistry /Geophysics/ Mathematics/Physics/Petroleum Technology/Chemical Engineering.
- Chemist : Post Graduation in Chemistry subject.
- Geologist : M.Sc in Geology or M.Tech in Petroleum Geosciences/Petroleum Geology/ Geological Technology.
- Geophysicist (Surface) : Graduation in Mechanical /Petroleum Engineering/Chemistry.
- Geophysicist (Wells) : Graduation in Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering.
- Material Management Officer : Graduation in Auto/ Mechanical/ Electrical/Instrumental/ Petroleum/Applied Petroleum/ Chemical/ Civil/ Electronics/ E&T/ Telecom/ Computer Science Engineering.
- Programming Officer : Graduation in Computer Science /IT or MCA or B-Level Diploma in Electronics.
- Transport Officer : Graduation in Auto/ Mechanical Engineering.
The selection Process will be based on GATE 2015 Score, Interview, Academic marks.
Announces of GATE 2015 Results : 12th March 2015
Schedule of Interview : May 2015
How to Apply for ONGC Graduate Trainee 2015:
On receipt of GATE 2015 Registration number, the candidates need to apply on-line Available after January, 2015. Candidates can apply below on this page.
Candidates will be required to enter their GATE 2015 Registration No.
After submission of the ONGC Online Application, candidates must safe keep the ONGC Registration Slip generated.
Candidates must enter the details as in the GATE 2015 Application Form.
Start of online application module (ONGC) : After January, 2015
Interview: May 2015 Tentatively
Click here for official ONGC Graduate Trainee 2015 Advertisement I
Click here for complete official ONGC Graduate Trainee 2015 Advertisement II