Location: Across India
Job Role: Software Development Engineer
- Writing high quality code, participating in code reviews, designing/architecting systems of varying complexity and scope, and creating high quality documentation supporting the design/coding tasks.
- Participating in team meetings, stand-ups, and architecture/design discussions.
- Identify areas of improvement in our applications and processes and strive to make them better.
- Dive deep into the catalog data, understand different functional areas, and use your creativity to come up with techniques to improve the quality of Amazon’s product catalog.
- Participate in defining the road-map for the team
- Excellent programming skills in either C, C++ or Java
- Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Creatively use their tech skills to solve business problems
- Linux system development experience is a plus.
- Quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements
- Learn new systems
- Create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally is a key competency as is demonstrable skill as a self-starter
You are a software engineer who takes pride in finding technology solutions to real world problems and have consistently delivered high quality software solutions on time. You thrive on tackling very hard problems. You have great problem-solving skills. You are curious, love to dive deep and collect data to make well informed decisions, but use sound judgment in face of insufficient data. You keep abreast of the latest technology developments and have an insatiable drive to innovate.
- B.E/B.Tech/MCA/M.E/M.Tech/Ph.D degree in computer science or related fields, or equivalent experience, is required