Microsoft has launched Outlook for Android and iOS. The app was designed to provide comparable to similar apps on personal computers, as opposed to splitting functionality into multiple, focused apps. Outlook will let you manage your work and personal email on your phone and tablet as efficiently as you do on your computer.
The app also offers calendar features, attachment integration (with OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and iCloud), along with customizable swipes and actions so you can tailor it to how you specifically use email.
The app supports a number of email platforms and services, including Microsoft Exchange and Google Apps among others. On January 29, 2015, Acompli was re-branded as Outlook Mobile—sharing its name with the Microsoft Outlook desktop personal information manager and Outlook.com email service.
Here's what New users can like about the new Outlook app:
- It syncs perfectly with Gmail.
- You can sync it to your Google Drive, Dropbox, and Microsoft OneDrive file-storage services, which makes emailing files a lot easier.
- It also syncs with Google Calendar, so you don't need to open a separate app to get a look at your schedule.
- The "People" tab makes it really easy to get in touch with the people you email the most.
- You can quickly archive or delete messages with a swipe.