About Seagate Company:
Seagate developed the first 5.25-inch hard disk drive (HDD) in 1980, the 5-megabyte ST-506. They were a major supplier in the microcomputer market during the 1980s, especially after the introduction of the IBM XT in 1983. Today Seagate along with Western Digital dominates the HDD market. Much of their growth has come thru acquisition of competitors; in 1989 Seagate acquired Control Data Corporation's Imprimis division, makers of CDC's HDD products, followed by Conner Peripherals in 1996, Maxtor in 2006 and Samsung's HDD business in 2011.
On March 12, 2013, Seagate announced that it was the first disk manufacturer to have cumulatively shipped two billion HDDs. www.123freshersjobs.com is the best freshers jobs site in India. Get latest free Job alerts by registering your email id.
Name of the Post:
Test Engineer - Entry Level
i. Learn the Automation tools and maintain an automation mindset when writing/executing TCs
ii. Test Cases are driven by requirements and are focused on finding OEM bugs before the Customer.
iii. Follow the team culture where Quality is critical.
iv. An understanding of the Test Metrics to help drive Improvement.
v. Documentation is appropriately maintained and in order.
vi. Test Escapes are understood and appropriate test improvements are recommended.
2) Show a strong work ethic while performing “Hands on” testing
3)Learn the features of a firmware component.
Learn the component’s role in the Test Strategy, how to identify the product requirements, equipment/personnel needs and any associated risks.
4)Learn to identify project deficiencies where they exist and recommend improvement.
5)Obtain a level of technical proficiency necessary to perform assigned duties by eagerly attending training within the team, as well as, seeking out opportunities for training outside the team.
6)Follow the test culture that:
i. Test to find defects not to pass test case
ii. Utilizes automation as much as possible
iii. Test beyond the requirements
iv. Drives improvement based on test metrics
7)Consistently look for ways to improve test processes.
8)Become proficient in Tool to ensure the ability to properly document test activities and ensure accurate reporting
i. Understand the need to Define & Execute New Tests based on scoping test requirements from design/code reviews with Development during early stages of the project highly leveraging automated scripts
9) Learn the importance of interaction with firmware (FW) Developers at the beginning of each test phase to gather requirements and Statement of Work(s) (SOWs) for that phase.
10) Understand the importance of mapping test cases to requirements, Enhancements and/or defects.
11) Modify test cases/plans appropriately to ensure functionality is thoroughly recorded and analyzed for future test efforts.
12) Learn to utilize and integrate the automation test effort.
13) Review prior and existing test cases to help learn to identify candidates for automation.
14) Review new features for better understanding of functionality…look for areas/tests that can utilize automation.
15) Learn organizational structure and key players to Test Team, i.e. Test Architect, Development Architect, Component Developers.
16) Learn to scope and execute new features seeking help from Senior Engineer as needed
17) Understand the importance of minimizing project risks and how those risks may impact other projects.
18) Identify and query defects ensuring status is kept up to date.
19) Learn the proper use of test tools, Jammer Scripts, Perl Scripts, and utilities.
20) Minimize Test Escapes by understanding test strategy, accurately following test plan, and working assigned issues to closure. Promptly document any effects following designated Defect Reporting Process.
21) Perform other assigned duties appropriate to your knowledge and skill level as necessary to support the team’s test effort.
Click Here ---- 2015 IT Placement papers
- B.E - CS , IT & ECE branches only passed out in 2013/14.
- MCA Graduates passed out in 2013/14.
- The New Grad SQA will display a proven ability to understand Test principles, strong work ethic with good verbal and written skills, and the ability to function independently.
- A New Grad Test Engineer will also be able to follow the direction of the Senior Engineer on project tasks and follow through until completion.
- The principal responsibility for the New Grad Test Engineer is to learn as many different areas and functions of the LAB to expand their test knowledge; providing the foundation to grow into an effective Junior Engineer.
- Four year Engineering degree.
- Strong work ethic with good verbal and written skills.
Interview Process for IT freshers:
- Aptitude Test.
- Technical Round
- HR Round
Locations of work: