About Collector Office of Ratnagiri:
Ratnagiri district is one of the 36 districts of Maharashtra state in Western India. Ratnagiri (city) is the district headquarters of the district. The district is 11.33% urban. The district is bounded by the Arabian Sea to the west, Sindhudurg district to the south, Raigad district to the north and Satara, Sangli and Kolhapur districts to the east. This district is part of Konkan division.
District at a glance
- Over 85% of the land surface in Ratnagiri district is hilly. All rivers in the district originate in the Sahyadri ranges and flow from east to west and merge in Arabian Sea. The important rivers of the district are Vashisthi, Jagabudi Bay and Naringi.
- It has 167 km long sea coast which contains many beaches, pats, and forts. 180 km long Sahyadri hill range, contains hills, hill forts, wild life and many places of scenic beauty. Number of creeks-ideal and safe for water sports, boating, fishing, swimming, camping etc. Few rivers-which are navigable up to about 40 km distance from sea is also a good attraction for water front activities. Natural wonders like hot water springs at few places.
- Hills, sea shores, creeks, rivers, hot water springs, forests, water falls, religious places attract tourists pilgrims from great distance.
- Birthplaces of many famous personalities like Lokmanya Tilak, freedom fighters, politicians, poets, authors etc.
- Vivid cultural activities like folk dances and drama; local arts and crafts. Konkan is famous for its koli dances, the Dashavatari drama etc.
- Characteristic Konkan cuisine, especially non-vegetarian dishes of fish, prawns and seafood are mouth-watering.
Other details like age limit, qualification, selection process, application fee & how to apply are given below…
Collector Office of Ratnagiri Vacancy Details:
Total No.of Posts:
1. Clerk-Typist: 09 posts
2. Talathi: 34 posts
Candidates should possess SSC with Typing speed of Marathi 30 wpm for Clerk-Typist, Any Degree with knowledge of Marathi & Hindi languages for Talathi.
Candidates age limit should be between 18 to 33 years for Open category, 38 years for Reserved candidates as on 31-05-2015. Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
Selection will be based on Written Test.
Candidates have to pay Rs.300/- for Open category, Rs.150/- for Reserved candidates + Rs.60/- for Processing Fee through State Bank of India. Ex-Serviceman candidates are exempted from Fee.
Click here for more Govt jobs 2015
Click here for more 2015 freshers jobs
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates can apply online through the website (Link provided below) from 16-06-2015 to 01-07-2015 till 11:55 PM.
- Starting Date for Online Registration: 16-06-2015.
- Last Date for Payment of Fee through SBI: 30-06-2015.
- Last Date for Online Registration: 01-07-2015 till 11:55 PM.
- Eligible/ Ineligible candidates list of Written test for the Post of Clerk-Typist will be displayed on website: 05-07-2015.
- Date of down loading Hall Tickets for Clerk-Typist: 07-07-2015.
- Eligible/ Ineligible candidates list of Written test for the Post of Talathi will be displayed on website: 10-07-2015.
- Date of down loading Hall Tickets for Talathi: 13-07-2015.
- Date & Time of Written test for Clerk-Typist: 12-07-2015 at 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Date & Time of Written test for Talathi: 19-07-2015 at 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM.