1. A fort has provision for 50 days if after 10 days they are strengthen by 500 men and the remaining food lasts 35 days. How many men were there in the fort initially?
2. Consider the following statements,
All members of team A are good tall guys with an average height of 6 feet.
Average of the height of members of team B is lesser than that of team A.
Which could be true among the below options.
a) Every member of team B is shorter than each member of team A.
b) Few members of team B could be over 6 feet.
3.John is supposed to walk from his house to park every morning. One morning, he is in real hurry and wants to save at least 1/3rd of the time. By how much percentage he should increase his
4. Pointing to the woman in the picture, Govind said, “ Her mother has only one grand child whose mother is my wife”. How is the woman in the picture related to Govind?
d) data inadequate
5. A number is increased by 20% and then it is decreased by 10%. Find the net increase or decrease in %.
A. 10% increase
B. 10% decrease
D. 8% decrease
6. Mohan earned twice as much as Deep. Yogesh earned Rs.3/- more than half as much as deep. If the amounts earned by Mohan, Deep, Yogesh are M, D, Y respectively, which of the following is the correct ordering of these amounts?
A. M < D < Y
B. M < Y < D
C. D < M < Y
D. It can,t be determined from the information given
E. D < Y < M
7. A man walks east and turns right and then from there to his left and then 45degrees to his right. In which direction did he go?
A. North West
B. South East
D. North East
8. Four persons picking balls. Peter one more than Paul. Pam one more than pat.
Peter + Paul +Pam + Pat = 60;
Peter + Paul = Pam + Pat + 10.
How much Peter pick?
9. 2 oranges, 3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15 . 3 oranges 2 bananas 1 apple costs Rs10. What is the
cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples?
10. A boat travels 20 kms upstream in 6 hrs and 18 kms downstream in 4 hrs. Find the speed of the boat
in still water and the speed of the water current?
A. 1/2 kmph
B. 7/12 kmph
C. 5 kmph
D. none of these
11. 15 Men take 21 days of 8 hrs. Each to do a piece of work. How many days of 6 hrs. each would do if
21 women take. If 3 women do as much work of 2 men.?Ans. 30?
12. A cylinder in 6 cms in diameter and 6 cms in height and spheres all of the same size are made from
the material obtained.what is the diameter of each sphere??
Ans. 3 cms?
13. The difference b/w the compound interest payable half yearly and the simple interest on a certain
sum come out at 10% p.a for 1 year is Rs 25 what is the sum?
14. What is the smallest n0 by which 2880 must be divided in order to make it a perfect square? Also see: Tech Mahindra Recruitment 2017
15. A father is 30 times more than his son however he will be only thrice as old as the son. What is
father’s present age?
16. An article sold at a profit of 20% if both the c.p & s.p were to be Rs.20/- the profit would be 10%
more. What is the c.p of that article?
Ans. 1% loss
17. If Rs20/- is available to pay for typing a research report & typist A produces 42 pages and typist
B produces 28 pages. How much should typist A receive?
18. The average salary of 3 workers is 95 Rs. Per week. If one earns Rs.115 and second earns Rs.65 how
much is the salary of the 3rd worker?
19. A 16 stored building has 12000 sq. feet on each floor. Company A rents 7 floors and company B rents
4 floors. What is the number of sq. feet of unrented floor space?
20. During a given week A programer spends 1/4 of his time preparing flow chart, 3/8 of his time coding
and the rest of the time in debugging the programs. If he works 48 hours during the week , how many
hours did he spend debugging the program?
21. A company installed 36 machines at the beginning of the year. In March they installed 9 additional
machines and then disconnected 18 in August. How many were still installed at the end of the year?
You May Also Want To Check: Tech Mahindra Freshers Jobs
22. A man owns 2/3 of the market research business and sells 3/4 of his shares for Rs. 75000. What is
the value of Business?
23. If 12 file cabinets require 18 feet of wall space, how many feet of wall space will 30 cabinets
24. A computer printer produced 176,400 lines in a given day. If the printer was in operation for seven
hours during the day, how many lines did it print per minute?
25. From its total income, A sales company spent Rs.20,000 for advertising, half of the remainder on
commissions and had Rs.6000 left. What was its total income?
26. On Monday a banker processed a batch of cheques, on Tuesday she processed three times as many, and
on Wednesday she processed 4000 cheques. In the three days, she processed 16000 cheques. How many did
she process on Tuesday?
27. The cost of four dozen proof machine ribbons and five dozen accounting machine ribbons was Rs.160/—
If one dozen accounting machine ribbons cost Rs.20/-, what is the cost of a dozen proof machine
28. If a clerk can process 80 cheques in half an hour, how many cheques can she process in a seven and
one half hour day?
29. In a library, there are two racks with 40 books per rack. On a given dya, 30 books were issued.
What fraction remained in the racks?
30. The average length of three tapes is 6800 feet. None of the tapes is less than 6400 feet. What is
the greatest possible length of one of the other tapes?
31. A company rented a machine for Rs.700/- a month. Five years later the treasurer calculated that if
the company had purchased the machine and paid Rs.100/-monthly maintenance charge, the company would
saved Rs.2000/-. What was the purchase price of the machine?
32. Two computers each produced 48000 public utility bills in a day. One computer printed bills at the
rate of 9600 an hour and the other at the rate of 7800 an hour. When the first computer finished its
run, how many bills did the other computer still have to print?
33. If a salesman,s average is a new order every other week, he will break the office record of the
year. However, after 28 weeks, he is six orders behind schedule. In what proportion of the remaining
weeks does he have to obtain a new order to break the record?
34. On a given day, a bank had 16000 cheques returned by customers. Inspection of the first 800 cheques
indicated that 100 of those 800 had errors and were therefore the available immediately for data
processing. On this basis, how many cheques would be available immediately for data processing on that
35. A tape manufacturer reduces the price of his heavy duty tape from Rs.30/-to Rs.28/- a reel and the
price of a regular tape from Rs.24/- to Rs.23/- a reel. A computing centre normally spends Rs.1440/- a
month for tapes and 3/4 of this is for heavy duty tapes. How much will they save a month under the new
36. In a team of 12 persons, 1/3 are women and 2/3 are men. To obtain a team with 20% women how many
men should be hired?
37. The dimensions of a certain machine are 48″ X 30″ X 52″. If the size of the machine is increased
proportionately until the sum of its dimensions equals 156″, what will be the increase in the shortest
38. In a certain company, 20% of the men and 40% of the women attended the annual company picnic. If
35% of all the employees are man, what percent of all the employees went to the picnic?
37. It cost a college Rs.0.70 a copy to produce a Program for the homecoming football game. If
Rs.15,000/- was received for advertisements in the program, how many copies at Rs.0.50 a copy must be
sold to make a profit of Rs.8000/- ?
38. A circular road runs round a circular ground. If the difference between the circumference of the
outer circle and inner circle is 44 meters, find the width of road.
A. 8 meters
B. 7 meters
C. 17 meters
D. 9 meters
39. A and B started a business in partnership. A invested Rs.2000/-for six months and B invested
Rs.1500 for 8 months. What is the share of A in total profit of Rs.510?
40. The ratio of incomes of two persons is 5:3 and that of their expenditure is 9.5. Find the income of
each person if they save Rs.1300 and Rs.900 respectively.
A. Rs.4000, Rs.2400
B. Rs.3000, Rs.1800
C. Rs.5000, Rs.3000
D. Rs.4500, Rs.2700
41. Which of the following statement(s) is (are) not true
A. Literate workers have small families than illiterate workers.
B. Families with 2 or less than 2 children are commoner than families with 3 or more children.
C. 2 children families constitute 60% of the families of workers.
D. More the no. of children a worker has the more illiterate he is.
E. None the above statement is true.
42. Certain no. of men can finish a piece of work in 10 days. If however there were 10 men less it will take 10 days more for the work to be finished. How many men were there originally?
Ans. 110 men?
43. In simple interest what sum amounts of Rs.1120/- in 4 years and Rs.1200/- in 5 years?
44. Sum of money at compound interest amounts of thrice itself in years. In how many years will it take 9 times itself?
45. Two trains in the same direction at 50 & 32 km/h respectively. A man in the
Slower train observes the 15 seconds elapse before the faster train completely passes him. What is the length of faster train?
46. How many mashes are there in a sq. m of wire gauge. Each mesh being 8mm long X 5mm width??
47. x% of y is y% of ??Ans. x?
48. The price of sugar increases by 20%, by what % house-wife should reduce the consumption of sugar so that expenditure on sugar can be same as before?Ans. 16.66?
49. A man spending half of his salary for house hold expenses, 1/4th for rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, a man deposits the rest in a bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50. What is his
monthly salary ??Ans. 1000?
50. The population of a city increases @ 4% p.a. That is an additional annual increase of 4% of the population due to this influx of job seekers, the % increase in population after 2 years is ?